A group of 26 Republican governors have joined forces to confront the Biden administration’s chaotic border policies that have led to an unprecedented crisis along the US border with Mexico. Governors, led by Texas Governor Greg Abbott and Arizona Governor Doug Ducey, are teaming up to disrupt and dismantle transnational criminal organizations to stop the flow of dangerous drugs and combat human trafficking humans.
“Due to President Biden’s disastrous border policies, dangerous transnational criminal organizations continue to flood our communities with drugs while reaping billions of dollars from human trafficking and causing a record number of arrests at the southern border. “, wrote the 26 Republicans in a pact creating the border strike force of the American governors.
“By partnering across state lines, governors can serve as a force multiplier to financially and operationally target cartels and criminal networks. Together, governors will improve public safety, protect victims of horrific crimes, reduce the amount of drugs in our communities, and alleviate the humanitarian crisis on the southern border,” they added.
“If Biden doesn’t come to the border, we send the border to Biden,” Governor Abbott told Fox News on Tuesday. “Border security has always been a responsibility of the federal government – until the Biden administration.”
Governor Abbott called the action by the 26 governors “an indictment of the Biden administration and its failure to do its fundamental national security job of securing our border.”
Governor Ducey said the majority of US governors are stepping up to do what the Biden administration refuses to do.
“The federal government is failing in its duty,” added the governor of Arizona. “It does not support the men and women of law enforcement at the city, state or county level.”
“To lift the title 42 is a mistake,” Ducey said. “DHS’s own numbers indicate there will be an additional 18,000 people a day streaming across the border.”
The pact signed by the 26 governors states that the Border Strike Force will coordinate efforts between states to:
Partner at state fusion center to disrupt and dismantle cartels:
- Sharing criminal justice information to improve investigations in the border region and nationally, in particular
in adjacent communities or crossing state lines.
- Coordinate and improve highway interdiction to combat drug trafficking and human trafficking.
- Collocate intelligence analysts in border states to improve collaboration, real-time response, and intelligence
sharing and analysis related to border security.
- Assist border states with additional personnel and resources in state fusion centers, e.g. on rotation
missions, to share information obtained at the border and in other States.
- Send law enforcement to train in border states to detect, track and curb border-related crime.
Focus state law enforcement efforts to disrupt and dismantle cartels:
- Target funding from cartels that finance criminal activities in border regions to seize the tools used to help
- Monitor cybersecurity issues that may increase vulnerability along the southern border, such as
networks that operate on social media to recruit traffickers.
- Review state criminal laws regarding human trafficking, drug trafficking and transnational crime
organizations to ensure laws deter, disrupt and dismantle criminal activity.
- Review state criminal justice statistics and information to determine crimes that can be attributed to the
- Develop interstate procedures to address identified gaps or inconsistencies in existing plans for
fight against border crime.
The Memorandum of Understanding (attached) outlines additional coordination efforts and steps for states’ response to the Biden border crisis.
The pact is signed by the following governors:
Governors Doug Ducey (AZ), Greg Abbott (TX), Kay Ivey (AL), Mike Dunleavy (AK), Asa Hutchinson (AR), Ron DeSantis (FL), Brian Kemp (GA), Brad Little (ID), Eric Holcomb (IN), Kim Reynolds (IA), Larry Hogan (MD), Tate Reeves (MS), Mike Parson (MO), Greg Gianforte (MT), Pete Ricketts (NE), Chris Sununu (NH), Doug Burgum ( ND), Mike DeWine (OH), Kevin Stitt (OK), Henry McMaster (SC), Kristi Noem (SD), Bill Lee (TN), Spencer Cox (UT), Glenn Youngkin (VA), Jim Justice (WV) , and Mark Gordon (WY).
Joint Memorandum of Understanding Forming America…
Bob Price is associate editor and main contributor for the Breitbart Texas-Border team. He is an original member of the Breitbart Texas team. Price is a regular panelist on Fox 26 Houston’s What are you getting at? Sunday morning talk show. Follow him on Twitter @BobPriceBBTX and Confront